WESTGATE DAYCARE SERVICE
Westgate Foundation runs a Day-care service for all in Ballincollig and its surrounds. It offers a diverse programme of activities and events, ranging from visiting musicians and dance groups, arts and crafts, knitting and Bingo, gentle chair-based exercise including “laughter with Yoga”, seasonal gardening projects and the SONAS program; a therapeutic activity for people with dementia, focusing on sensory stimulation.
- Communication is essential in everyday living for people
- People need a sense of belonging, and a sense of worth
- People need warmth and safety
- Personal needs
- Social needs i.e. interactive communication, art appreciation, and participation in various games, songs, quizzes and activities.
- Stimulate memory with repetitive programs thereby assisting recall.
- Encourage gentle exercise and walks to maintain mobility and independence and a positive health attitude.
- Alleviate loneliness and anxiety
Excellence in Community Services for our older people
Tel: 021 487 3648